What is an eMentor?
What is an eMentor? eMentors are instructors recognized for their experience in teaching with technology. These individuals work with Educational Technologies to mentor instructors new to or interested in eLearning and how to do it right. eMentors serve for a term of three years.
As part of this group, the eMentors are responsible for:
- Contributing to a broader discourse on campus eLearning as a member of Educational Technologies’ Advisory Board
- Sharing their experience and expertise with colleagues by presenting at Educational Technologies-sponsored seminars and the annual Celebration of Teaching conference
- Becoming a certified course peer reviewer by completing the Quality Matters Course and workshop (paid for by Educational Technologies)
- Conducting Quality Course reviews on a team of reviewers – up to 5 per year
- Contributing thoughts about teaching practice, technology, trends, and other e-learning issues when needs arise.
- Providing an annual summary of how their professional development funds are used
- Mentoring instructors new to teaching with technology or who would like some additional assistance with their teaching practice.
- Matthew Ballou, Associate Teaching Professor, Art
- Jenny Bossaller, Assistant Professor, School of Information Science & Learning Technologies
- Jennifer Fellabaum, Assistant Teaching Professor, Education Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Dale Fitch, Associate Professor, Social Work
- Dr. Robin Harris, Assistant Teaching Professor and Director of DNP Program, Nursing
- Dorina Kosztin, Associate Teaching Professor, Physics
- Linda Lair, Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education, Health Professions/Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences
- Alexandra Lewis, Clinical Instructor, Social Work
- Kerri McBee-Black, Instructor, Textile & Apparel Management
- Jacquelyn Sandone, Coordinator: Spanish 1100 & Spanish 1250, Romance Languages & Literature
- Bethany Stone, Assistant Teaching Professor, Biological Sciences
- Jenna Wintemberg, Instructor, Health Professions/Health Sciences